Introducing the Launch of SMi’s Cell & Gene Therapy 2018
SMi introduces their inaugural conference on Cell & Gene Therapy which takes place between the 10th and 11th of October 2018, with 2 interactive pre-conference workshops on the 9th October.
Cell and gene therapeutics have revolutionised modern medicine and have marked a new generation in biomedical and agricultural sciences. The latest developments in cell and gene therapies, specifically in gene editing technologies present unlimited research opportunities ranging from novel therapeutic tools, to a potential revolution in the field of drug discovery.
This year’s event will be led by scientists and clinicians researching, developing and testing new treatments for genetically inherited and acquired diseases, using gene delivery technology, stem cell manipulation and DNA repair techniques. The conference will cover all aspects of the subject including biomedical science principles, molecular basis of disease, developing technologies and clinical applications.
The conference will be inviting speakers from global pharmaceutical organisations, leading biotech companies and internationally renowned academic institutions. Over 16 presentations and case studies focused on the key aspects of GMP, bioprocessing, regulatory frameworks and new therapeutic developments in the field of cell and gene.
Hear from our expert speaker panel, bringing you interesting case studies and detailed presentations on new and industry relevant topics, including:
- Cell Therapy Research
- Manufacturing Innovation
- Global Medical Affairs
- Regulatory Updates
- GMP and Quality Control
- Cell and Tissue Therapies (CART therapies, stem cells, cord blood, preclinical and clinical developments)
- Regenerative Medicine
- Advanced Therapy Production
- Gene Therapy Development
- Clinical Platform Development
- R&D of Cell and Gene Therapies
CHAIR FOR 2018:
- Pamela Tranter, Head of Translational Research Group, UCL
KEY SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Janet Glassford, Senior Quality Assessor (Biologicals), MHRA
- Giuseppe Ronzitti, Cell and Gene Therapy Specialist, Genethon
- Kei Kishimoto, Chief Scientific Officer, Selecta Biosciences
- Shailesh Gupta, Senior Scientist, AstraZeneca
- Peggy Sotiropoulou, R&D Manager, Research and Development, Celyad
- Julie Kerby, Head of Manufacturing Development, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult
- Lior Raviv, Vice President, Development, Pluristem
- Diego Aridgo, R&D Rare Disease Unit Head, Chiesi
- Mehdi Gasmi, Chief Science and Technology Officer, Adverum Biotech
- Emanuela Cuomo, Associate Director, Discovery Sciences, Cellular Biology Team, AstraZeneca
- Yen Choo, Founder and Executive Chairman, Plasticell
- Ian McKay, Innovation Lead Advanced Therapies, Innovate UK
2018 FEATURED HIGHLIGHTS:
- Discuss the challenges of accessing patients with commercial ATMPs
- Understand the advantages of a risk-based approach to cell and gene therapy manufacturing
- Hear the MHRA’s perspective of UK and EU regulatory affairs regarding ATMPs
- Explore the unique applications of the CRISPR/Cas9 system for drug development at AstraZeneca
- Gain insight into GMP Manufacture of plasmid DNA at the NHSBT
PLUS…Two Interactive Half-Day Post-Conference Workshops – Hosted by LucidQuest and Advanced Therapies Consultancy.
For those looking to attend there is currently a £400 early-bird saving, ending May 31st.
Further information is available at: www.cellandgeneconference.com/pj
SMi presents the Launch of:
Cell & Gene Therapy 2018
Date: 10th – 11th May 2018
Workshops: 9th May 21018
Location: Copthorne Tara Hotel, London UK
For all media inquiries contact Pavan Solanki on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6048 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk