Achieving Controlled Nucleation During Aseptic Lyophilization
SMi Group Reports: The official agenda and highlights for the 4th annual lyophilization USA Conference, which is taking place on the 15th and 16th November 2018 in Iselin, New Jersey, has been released.
Controlled nucleation is essential for obtaining high-quality lyophilized products with intra-and inter-batch consistency. Two approaches to achieving controlled nucleation have been investigated recently: creating a pressure differential and using an ice fog to insert seed crystals into the vials within the lyophilization chamber.
Morrisa Jones, Senior Scientist, Vaccine Drug Product Development Merck,who is speaking at the SMi’s Groups’ Lyophilization USA Conference she will be comparing and contrasting two methods of controlled nucleation from an industry perspective.
The two-day event will explore the ever-growing need of informative and thought-provoking discussion, to address key industry issues.Lyophilization USA Conference will offer a jam-packed agenda with presentations from key industry leaders and up-and-coming thinkers, within the field.
This year’s expert speaker line-up includes:
Other high-profile speakers include:
- Alina Alexeenko, Professor, Purdue University
- Timothy McCoy, Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Development Biologics, Sanofi
- Rui Fang, Senior Scientist, Merck
- Sushma Kommareddy, Associate Director, Formulation Development, Takeda
- Sampreeti Jena, Postdoctoral Associate, University of Minnesota
- Tom Robinson, Managing Director, Aerosol Therapeutics
- Fabrice Schlegel, Senior Engineer, Amgen
- Colin Campbell, Director, Process Development, Elusys Therapeutics
- Dena Flamm, Business Development Manager, Optima Machinery Corporation
- Alex Langford, Senior Assoicate Scientist, Pfizer Inc
- Pouya Tavousi, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Connecticut
Plus many more…
Also on the programme – two interactive pre-conference workshops, on November 14:
* Workshop A, morning session – Current and future freeze-drying technologies and methods.
Hosted by Alexander Tambovzev and Dena Flamm of Optima Pharma and Tom Robinson of Aerosol Therapeutics
* Workshop B, afternoon session – NIPTE: insight into the fundamentals of freeze-drying / lyophilization.
Hosted by Robin Bogner, University of Connecticut
Other highlights include, novel techniques, regulatory advances, updates on the latest technological advances, alternative freeze-drying methods and future opportunities
The latest conference brochure is now available to download on the event website, where you can also register online: www.lyophilization-usa.com. Book by Sept 28 and save $100
For media enquiries, contact Jinna Sidhu on +44 (0) 20 7827 0688 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag us #lyousa
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk